Matte PLA filament is a common material used in FDM 3D printers. It eliminates the glossy appearance and has a softer, non-reflective aesthetic. Matte PLA filament has a more unique surface texture and appearance than regular filament, making it suitable for creating 3D prints with a non-glossy, matte finish. Matte PLA filaments are loved by many users and are becoming more and more popular due to the more refined and elegant prints they can achieve. In this article, we will introduce the characteristics and use of matte PLA filament, discuss how to use matte PLA filament to make prints, and the appropriate printing parameters.
What is Matte PLA Filament
The most commonly used material for FDM printers is thermoplastic filament. The popular filaments are: PLA, ABS, PETG. Currently, PLA, known for its ease of use, is the most popular material. Different types of materials have different characteristics, and they usually have some additional properties such as toughness, strength, durability, and chemical resistance, allowing to adapt to different printing environments and meet the diverse needs of 3D printing enthusiasts.
In addition to material strength, aesthetics is also one of the considerations for choosing 3D printing materials. When users need a non-glossy decorative surface of prints, they usually choose matte PLA filaments. Matte filaments can reduce the amount of reflected light, eliminate specular highlights on the surface of 3D prints and enhancing the visual texture. Surface finish and texture are valued in some 3D printing applications, which allows matte PLA filaments to be chosen by more users to realize creativity.
Characteristics of Matte PLA Filament
- Matte surface: Matte filament reduces the amount of reflected light on the 3D print, and the printed model has a matte surface.
- Exquisite appearance: Matte filament enhances the texture of 3D prints and provides a unique visual appearance. Ideal for printing where a soft or delicate appearance is desired.
- Reduced defect visibility: Compared to regular PLA filament, matte finish can effectively hide small defects and hide layer lines.
Choosing the Right Brand of Matte PLA: Anycubic Matte PLA Filament
Why choose Anycubic matte PLA filament? Anycubic matte filament combines quality and user-friendly design, making it the first choice for 3D printing enthusiasts. Not only is it easy to use, but also guarantees the quality of the filament, provides a low-odor printing experience, and a high-level printing effect. Anycubic matte PLA filament is compatible with most FDM 3D printers on the market. The following is the characteristics and printing display of Anycubic matte filament, listing the product parameters and instructions for users' reference.
- Soft and elegant: white, black, yellow, three popular colors to choose from. Ensure more creativity is realized.
- Easy printing: Anycubic Matte PLA filament spools neatly, which can effectively prevent print clogging and optimize printing experience.
- Natural material: Made of biodegradable and safe material, no unpleasant odor, providing safe printing.
Product Parameters of Anycubic Matte PLA Filament
Usage Instructions of Anycubic Matte PLA Filament
- Prepare the 3D model file and convert it into G-code that the printer can read using slicing software.
- Preheat the print head and load the filament into the extruder of the 3D printer, ensuring that the filament is not tangled and reaches the print head through the extruder. Cut the filament head into a spire shape for easy penetration into the guide tube and feed motor bore.
- Open the printer and adjust the appropriate print parameters, such as print temperature, print speed, layer height, and so on.
- Begin the printing process and continue until it is complete.
- Extra attention needed: When installing and replacing filaments, make sure to heat the print head (heated to above 230°C, otherwise the print head might get clogged.